Effective Date: August 1, 2014
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you from you, from third parties, and automatically as you view our Site and use our Services.
Information We Collect Automatically
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services and for other customer service purposes;
- To provide information that you have requested to receive from us;
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Site or our Services;
- To improve our Site and Services;
- For research purposes;
- For marketing and advertising purposes; for example, we may send you emails about new features of our Site as well as about products and services that we believe would be of interest to you; and
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis.
When and How Do We Share the Information We Receive?
We may share your information, including personal information (collectively, “information”), with other users of our Site and with third parties as described below.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, these providers may help us administer our Site.
- Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We do not share your information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes. As discussed below, we may, however, share aggregate information about you with third parties for research, marketing, or other purposes.
We also may share your information for the following reasons:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you or about you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate and Anonymized Information. We may share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the users to whom we displayed the advertisements.
What About Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies?
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
- Third Party Cookies. We also may engage third parties to track and analyze non-personally and personally identifiable website data and to serve advertisements. To do so, we may permit third parties to apply cookies to users of our Site, where permitted by law, and, subject to your right to opt-out through the Network Advertising Initiative (as discussed below). We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze site usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. =
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer you can edit your browser options to block them in future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Site; however, some site features will not function if you disable cookies.
Local Storage Objects. We and our third-party service providers may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) in order to store your Site preferences, to personalize your visit or to display content based upon what you view on our Site. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash cookies, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. We use web beacons, such as clear GIFs, web bugs or pixel tags, which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of website visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about website usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, identify when our e-mails are viewed and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Site Analytics. As noted, we work with third-party service providers who use the technologies described in this section to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Site. For example, we use a variety of third-party web analytics, to help us improve our Site’s performance and user experiences.
Third Party Applications
Third party applications may be available on our Site. The owners or providers of those third party applications may collect personally identifiable information from you. Their collection of information is bound by their own information collection policies and practices. We are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by third parties.
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks. The website http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp provides information regarding this practice by Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to “opt-out” of third-party ad networks operated by NAI members. You also may contact About Ads at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ for information about opting out of targeted advertising and your choices regarding having information used by About Ads member companies, including how to “opt-out” of third-party ad networks operated by About Ads members. Opting out of one or more NAI members or About Ad members (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or About Ad opt-out may no longer, be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and About Ad’s websites accessible by the above links.
We may contain links to third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, and SSL to protect our Site and the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, computer, and web-enabled devices, among other things, by signing off after using a shared computer, inserting a password on your web-enabled device, choosing a password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your password private. You should never share your log-in information with others. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have?
We may send you emails from time-to-time to notify you about features of our Site or products and services that we believe would be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving email from us, please follow the instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you exercise the opt-out in the email, please note that we will continue to email you for customer service purposes.
Consent to Transfer Information to the United States
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using our Site, you consent to the transfer and processing of your information in the United States, which does not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary. If, however, you do not consent, then we may not be able to provide you with our Services.
Children Under 13
Our Site is not designed for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time, so be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to our policy to our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change, by highlighting the change on the Site or by sending an email to you at the email address that you have registered with us through Facebook Connect.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at: email@example.com